Can I bring electronic equipment on the board?
On the board you can use most of electronic gadgets, but there are some you definitely can’t use. Here is a list of electronic devices and exactly when you can use them.
On the board during the entire flight you can use the electronic items listed below:
• Laptop computers
• Sound and video recording equipment
• Electronic toys
• Electronic watches
• Digital Dictaphones
• MP3 players
• Non-cellular personal digital assistants
• Personal electrical equipment: hair dryers, electric tooth brushes, electric shavers (only in the bathrooms and not all airlines allow, check for the airline’s policy)
• Personal medical devices – that includes hearing aids, pace makers, life support systems and electronic nerve simulators (please check the airline policy for their use)
• All electronic devices that do not have GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth functions.
Electronic items allowed for use on the board only if they have airplane/flight mode. Putting your device in airplane/flight mode means all the transmitting services like Wi-Fi, GSM, GPRS/EDGE and Bluetooth are off.) in order to turn off cellular transmission. Read the rules for using electronic devices during the flight, so to avoid interference with on-board instruments and aircraft systems:
• Mobile telephones
• Electronic games
• Bluetooth devices
If your electronic device, such as music, player, game console, camera, satellite phone etc has a data communication function Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS/EDGE you should switch them to airplane/flight mode.
A few minutes after takeoff, your cabin crew will tell you when you can turn off flight mode and start using transmitting services on your device.
Towards the end of your flight, they’ll let you know when to turn on flight mode for landing.
The above-listed devices have a negative effect on navigation and radio communication systems and should be turned off flight mode in order to ensure flight safety, for example, the mobile phone can interference with the navigation screens.
Electronic items prohibited for use on the board during the entire flight – are all devices that contains an active broadcasting unit, such as:
• Radio transmitters
• Remote-controlled equipment
• External equipment for laptop computers
• Radio and TV receivers
• VHF scanner receivers
• Portable TV sets
• Portable CD
• DVD record player
• Radio controlled toys
• Two-way transmitters such as walkie-talkies, amateur radios, citizen band (CB) radios, 49 Mhz transmitters
• GPS systems
• Wireless Bluetooth headphones
• Other remote control equipment that may interfere with the air navigation systems of the aircraft
• Mobile phones/smartphones tablets that cannot be switched to Airplane/Flight Mode.
For security reasons, safe fly and to avoid any problems with the aircraft systems and equipment, the above listed devices should be turned off during the entire flight and stored for takeoff and landing.
Rules for using electronic devices on board
1. Electronic cigarettes: smoking in any form, including electronic cigarettes is prohibited on the board. Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) is not allowed in checked baggage. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has banned the carriage of electronic cigarettes in checked baggage, although it can be carried in the cabin baggage but you’re not allowed to use or recharge them onboard.
2. Lithium batteries: you can take with you for your own personal use, portable electronic devices that contain lithium batteries such as a laptop, tablet, smart phone, camera and music player.
There isn’t generally a limit on the number you can carry, but they must be stored correctly. Make sure that the + and – terminals are not allowed to connect, and you should put them in your hand carry baggage.
Check the airline webpage on the regulations of carriage of lithium and other batteries to confirm whether you can carry them as hand baggage, checked baggage or cargo.
3. You should remove headphones during the safety announcements and to switch off electronic devices if activating flight mode is not possible.
4. You should use wired headphones if the device beeps. It is forbidden to use wireless Bluetooth headphones.
5. Any electronic device that sends out any signals, like mobile phones, pagers, RC toys, and radio transmitters of any kind, have to be turned off during the entire flight.
6. It is not permitted to connect printers, disc drives and WI-FI network adapers, as these all send out signals.
7. For a safe and comfortable fly, please,follow all above instructions regarding the electronic devices that you intend to bring on the board.
8. Check the policy for each airline regarding the use of electronic devices on the board here
For additional information write on [email protected] or use the contact form.
If you find this post useful and interesting, please write in comments or share it with your friends.
11 thoughts on “Can I bring electronic equipment on the board?”
Perfectly pent written content, thanks for entropy.
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
Thanks for the tips provided on this website.
This information is so amazing thanks!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Thanks so much for sharing the info.
Just wanted to say thanks!
I loved your blog post.Thanks Again. Will read on…
excellent post, very informative.
Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very useful info. Thanks and best of luck.
I was very happy to discover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely liked every part of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new information on your blog.