In this article, I have gathered all information you need to know about carry-on luggage:
– Hand luggage also called hand baggage or carry-on luggage is the bag that you can take on the plane.
– All airlines allow passengers to bring one carry-on luggage and one personal item such as a pursuit and a laptop.
– As a general rule, the maximum carry-on luggage weight should be 8 kg for all passengers (adults, children, and infants) and the sum of the three dimensions (length + width + height) should not exceed 115 cm. Please keep in mind that the allowable weight and size varies from airline to airline, please check the airlines’ luggage allowances here.
– The carry-on luggage should fit in overhead bins and the personal item such as the pursuit and the laptop under the seat in front of you.
– Weigh your carry-on luggage before going to the airport. If it is oversized or overweight, it will be considered as checked luggage and will cost extra money. Remember, measure up your bag together with wheels.
– Musical instruments are also considered a carry-on item and must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
– The carry-on luggage has to meet a set of restrictions, here are some of them:
the liquids volume should not exceed 100 ml and in total, you can carry 1-liter
explosives, flammable solids and liquids, and items that can cause injuries are not permitted
More detailed information regarding allowed and restricted items can be seen on TSA site and you can also check Dangerous goods for each airline.
If you find this post useful and interesting, please write in comments or share it with your friends.