When you pre-book a seat you can enjoy window or aisle and relax in the knowledge that you will never be in the middle seat. What you should know when you book a seat in advance, prior to airport check-in:
1. There are for ways to book in advance your preferred seats:
– when booking your flight
– online via manage my booking
– via online check-in
– over the phone, contacting directly the airline/ or travel agency
2. If you do not manage to book your seat in advance this doesn’t mean that you will not be assigned a seat. If you have a ticket you always have a seat, that means that all ticket types offer allocated seating. When you are making check-in at the airport, the airline will assign you a seat, from the remaining seats at airport check-in, free of charge. The seats will be allocated at check-in, on a first come, first served basis.
3. If you have a preferred seat like window, aisle or you prefer to have more legroom during the flight, then you should harry and book your preferred seat well in advance. Usually, you can find all information about fees for seat reservations on the airline website. Remember, for seat booking according to your preferences, prior to check-in, as a rule, you have to pay a fee.
4. Seats assigned during check-in, both on-line or at the airport, are free of charge and usually are assigned randomly.
5. When you travel with a companion, better is to book a seat in advance due to the fact that the airline’s system will randomly assign it to upon check-in (on-line or at the airport), thus, there is a probability that you and your travel companion well stay separately. For a fee you may choose your seat and this will help keep your travel party sitting together.
In order to guarantee the preferred seats for your party, we recommend you to pre-select your seats online in advance by paying the appropriate fee (standard seat fees vary depending on seat location on the aircraft).
6. On most of airlines site you can choose your seat while booking, or you can select it and pay subsequently via Manage my booking or during web check-in, up to 4 hours before your flight departure time.
7. Many airlines, when you purchase a seat in advance offer you priority while boarding.
8. It can happen, that the selected seats were available when you started the assignment process and there is a chance that a seat was assigned already to another customer prior to the completion of your transaction.
10. A few airlines do not assign seats or seats are unavailable on the displayed seat map. You can obtain a seat assignment only upon check-in (on-line or at the airport).
11. Some airlines can offer an extra seat (please advise the airlines site/or call ) for comfort or for a musical instrument. After booking, remember to pre-allocate your seats to ensure both seats are together. When checking-in online, it is important to print off both boarding passes or download them to your smartphone and show them at the Boarding Gate.
12. When you have booked already your preferred seat and you wish to change it afterwards, you can subsequently change it, up to 5 days (usually). The seat can be changed to another seat at the same or at a lower price; please note. the fees that are already paid and price differences will not be refunded.
A confirmed seat reservation does not entitle you to a specific seat on board of the aircraft, but only to the selected category (e.g. aisle seat, window seat, seat with more legroom).
13. In case there is a schedule change and the aircraft type changed at short notice, the airline will do its best to reserve a new, equivalent seat for you. In this cases priority will be given to seating travelers who are flying together, e.g. families, then assigns seats with extra legroom in the emergency exit rows as well as aisle, window and middle seats. If a seat cannot be reassigned in the same category (e.g. an aisle seat, a window seat, a seat with more legroom), you can request reimbursement for the paid fee.
14. If you wish to make a change to a flight booking (voluntary change), in most of cases any pre-booked seat will be forfeited and seats will be rebooked again at the full rate. Pre-booked seating may not be available on all flights. No refund will be given once a seat is booked and paid for.
Once seats are pre-booked and payment has been made charges are non-refundable. Exceptions are as said above, schedule changes:
● if the seats are not provided
● seats are unavailable due to the flight being cancelled
● the change of the aircraft for operational reasons and no alternative can be supplied.
15. On codeshare flights it is not possible to book seats in advance. If in the booking there are more than two airlines, then you should book seats for each airline you are flying with, separately or you should contact the carrier.
16. Here are some type of seats
– Extra legroom and even more spacious seats.
– Seats in quiet Zone: are only for passengers above age 10, who are not traveling with children (aged 10 and below) or infants.
– Emergency exit row seat(s) – are only suitable for able-bodied adults (aged 18 years or over) that are able to operate the emergency doors if required to assist in the event of an emergency and are not available for expectant mothers, disabled passengers, passengers with physical or mental impairments, passengers who need a seat belt extension or passengers who have a medical condition or injury, or passengers travelling with infants or with animals, passengers in good health at the time of check-in. The airline reserves the right to move the passengers to alternative seats for safety reasons, upon which, the fee paid by the guest is non-refundable.
– Bulkhead seats including bassinets for infants
– Upfront, standard (regular), window, aisle or middle seat – most of them are free of charge during check-in.
The advantages and disadvantages of different seats on many aircraft and how to choose the beast seat, check on SeatGuru
17. For safety reasons, unaccompanied minors are not permitted to request seats prior to travel; seats for unaccompanied minors will be allocated prior to check-in. Please note, that once seats are pre-booked and payment has been made charges are non-refundable.
18. When your booking is completed, most of airlines will promptly assign you a seat. To check this, visit the airline site soon after, and if dissatisfied with the automatic selection, see if you can choose another from available seats on the plane in your cabin class. If you are checking in at the airline’s counter with no seat yet assigned, you should ask if a desirable seat is still available.
For additional information write on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form.
If you find this post useful and interesting, please write in comments or share it with your friends.